- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Basil, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven 425°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Shake off excess marinade from chicken and season all over with salt and pepper. Add, skin side-down, and cook until seared and golden, about 6 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until seared on other side, about 6 minutes.
- Scatter tomatoes and zucchini around chicken. Season vegetables with salt and pepper, then transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil before serving.